Tuesday, October 16, 2012
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm ET
The future of the power and energy industries from the perspective of investors and sponsors - including implications for coal, gas and oil prices, regulatory activity, permitting trends, enforcement, environmental, and legislative and tax prospects - will face changes based on the outcome of both the Presidential and Congressional elections this November.
Bracewell & Giuliani will host a complimentary webinar featuring Scott Segal, head of the Policy Resolution Group of Bracewell & Giuliani LLP. For over 20 years Scott has been a leading lawyer and advocate in Washington, D.C. for energy investors, sponsors, developers, and power producers on sensitive issues such as energy legislation and regulation, the Clean Air Act, and environmental issues. Scott will be joined by Jeff Holmstead, who heads Bracewell's Environmental Strategies Group and was the longest-serving head of the EPA's Office of Air and Radiation, and by the head of our Financial Restructuring Group, Evan Flaschen.
This webinar will focus on issues such as:
- The impact the next President and Congress will have on energy and clean air policy
- Regulatory prospects, challenges and opportunities for coal-fired projects
- Regulatory prospects, challenges and opportunities for fracking
- Investment opportunities in energy-related industries and technologies
- Is it safe yet to invest in green energy projects and technologies? Nuclear?
- Implications of the election for power and energy restructurings
For more information or to register, click here.